New Poll Shows A Majority of Texans Support Freedom to Marry, Relationship Recognition

 The Texas Lyceum, 2010

The 2010 Texas Lyceum poll showed, for the second straight year, that a majority of Texans support some form of legal relationship recognition for gay and lesbian couples — whether it be marriage or civil unions. According to the poll of 725 adult Texans, 24 percent support civil unions, 28 percent support the freedom to marry, for a total of 52 percent in support, with 8 percent not responding to the question. [PDF]